September 22, 2015
5 Unique Gifts That a New Mom Would LOVE!
1. Lunch or dinner – New moms are tired and need to eat, so bringing a new mom a meal would be a great gift for the entire family. Make sure to find out if the new mom or anyone in the family has food allergies.
2. House cleaning- Hire a cleaning person to come either right before baby comes home or right after. Mom will be so busy with the new baby that she will love to skip laundry, dishes and floors and just enjoy her infant.
3. Newborn photos – Who doesn’t love pictures of their baby? A newborn photo session is a great gift for a new mom.
4. Maternity photos -Capture those last few weeks of the pregnancy glow with a maternity photo session and treasure the memories for a lifetime.
5. A doula – Studies show that the presence of a doula during childbirth can decrease the need for pain medication such as epidurals, lessen chance for a C-section and increases success in breastfeeding, as well as many other benefits. If you are interesting in gifting a doula to a friend of family member in Coral Springs, Parkland, Boca Raton or surrounding areas in South Florida, please contact me for a free consultation.
This blog written by Lisa Raynor, a childbirth and postpartum doula in Coral Springs, FL. She is also a mom of three boys, a wife, and loves to blog about pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum care and breastfeeding.