What can a doula do for you?
Studies have shown that the presence of a doula can improve birth in the following ways:
- Reduction in unplanned cesarean deliveries
- Shorter Labor
- Decrease in the requests for epidurals or other pain medications
- Decrease in the need for synthetic oxytocin (pitocin) to speed up labor
- Fewer complications for mother and baby
- Improved immediate breastfeeding success
- Babies have shorter hospital stays and a decrease in admissions to special care units
- A lower rate of postpartum depression in mothers
Free consultation to get to know each other better and discuss your birth hopes.
- Email and phone support throughout your pregnancy and postpartum stage.
- 1 or 2 in home prenatal visit to discuss comfort measures, preparation & your birth plan/birth preferences. I can also attend an obgyn/midwife appointment with you
- Recommendations of books to read, classes to take and other resources (prenatal massage, maternity/infant photography recommendations)
- On call availability for your birth from 38 to 42 weeks gestation
- Emotional and physical comfort measures during your entire labor and delivery, along with support and breastfeeding assistance immediately after birth ( if desired).
- Photos of the first cuddles, feeding, and those early precious moments, texts/ emails to family/friends to update during labor and after baby arrives (if desired).
- If a cesarean birth becomes necessary and depending on the circumstances and hospital rules, I may be able to accompany you into the OR for continued support.
- 1 Postpartum visit to discuss your birth and answer newborn/breastfeeding questions and provide assistance with your postpartum needs.
Please contact me to discuss your needs and what the fees will be. Some insurance companies do cover doula services but you will need to contact your insurance company to see if you will be reimbursed. In addition, many clients use their flexible medical spending accounts to pay for doula services. If hired I will work out a payment plan to fit your budget.
In order to give my clients the attention they deserve, I take a very limited number of clients and book several months in advance. Please contact me to discuss availability around your due date for my doula services. I live in Coral Springs and take clients within 25 miles of Coral Springs. I am currently taking clients who will be delivering at Broward Health Coral Springs, Northwest Medical, Plantation General, Broward General, Memorial West, Memorial Miramar, West Boca Medical, Boca Regional and other local hospitals from Boca Raton to Pembroke Pines. I can be reached at email@example.com or 954-914-3933.